Plan your ultimate summer vacation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. With its beautiful coastline and endless attractions, there is something for everyone when vacationing here. We’ve put together a list of our favorite restaurants to try – from Little River and North Myrtle Beach to Murrells Inlet and Pawleys Island. Enjoy eating your way down the coast. Cheers!
1. The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro in Little River – This Southern-inspired French bistro is where history meets modern elegance. Enjoy a glass of wine from their extensive wine menu and choose from their daily chef’s dinner menu that always features delicious steaks, seafood and homemade desserts. Get the bouillabaisse if it’s available.
2. Flying Fish Public Market & Grill in North Myrtle Beach – Located in the popular Barefoot Landing, this restaurant caters to the seafood lover. Start off with seared ahi tuna or cracklin’ calamari and move on to build your own seafood boil or choose a preparation for the catch of the day. This menu is extensive and is sure to satisfy any southern seafood craving. They also have a great happy hour!
3. Villa Tuscanna in North Myrtle Beach – Villa Tuscanna is a European fine dining restaurant with a flair for Southern cuisine and the reviews are truly what sets them apart. It’s like dining in Italy without leaving the Grand Strand.
4. Joe’s Bar & Grill in North Myrtle Beach – This hidden gem has a very nice bar and dining area in the front and around back features an outside bar called Raccoon Cove, where they serve half-priced appetizers during happy hour. This coastal menu has fan favorites like shrimp scampi, lowcountry style crab cakes, and steak and lobster, as well as tomahawk pork chops and chicken piccata.
5. Rivertown Bistro in Conway – Located in the historic district of downtown Conway, their seasonal menu is a fan favorite. Whether you are dining in the upstairs deck overlooking the historic downtown or in the two-tiered main dining room, you will be impressed with the atmosphere and the elevated coastal menu.
6. Hook & Barrel in Myrtle Beach – ‘One nibble and you’ll be hooked’ is their slogan and that’s the truth. Hook & Barrel takes pride in serving fresh, sustainable seafood that is full of flavor. They even have a she-crab soup prepared right in front of you at the steam galley.
7. Sea Captain’s House in Myrtle Beach – For over 60 years, Sea Captain’s House has been feeding locals and tourists right on the beach. Open for lunch and dinner, this restaurant is ‘just like you remember…but better.’ Offering a variety of seafood options along with some land lovers, Sea Captain’s House is sure to please the whole family.
8. Gulfstream Café in Garden City Beach – For more than 30 years, Gulfstream Café has been a sought-after location for a waterfront view and authentic coastal cuisine. It is the only restaurant on the Grand Strand overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other, offering 360-degree views of the water. Not to mention, the sunset views are second to none! Order the Sunset Tower for the table, consisting of ½ lb. shrimp, ½ dozen oysters and lobster tail with cocktail sauce and butter.
9. Dagwood’s Deli & Sports Bar in Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach & North Myrtle Beach – Head to this local pub for a tasty meal and cold beverage while cheering on your favorite sports team on one of their over 50 TVs. With a couple pool tables, darts and sports video games, this spot is sure to be a crowd pleaser for the whole family. Best known for their premium deli sandwiches and cheesesteaks, they have an extensive menu that also features burgers, fish’n’chips and ballpark dogs.
10. Frank’s and Frank’s Outback in Pawleys Island – Since 1988, Frank’s has been a local hotspot. Grab a table inside at Frank’s for a fancier vibe or take a table at Frank’s Outback for a more laid back experience. The menu boasts coastal fried oysters, goat cheese croquettes and plenty of small plates and entrees to satisfy any food cravings. All menu items can be ordered regardless of your seating location.
In the meantime, we invite you to follow us on Facebook so you can stay up-to-date on what’s happening around town and learn more about our award-winning campgrounds and camping resorts. We hope to see you on the beach this summer!